- Tips to Start a Headphones Online Store
- Tip 1: Select the Right Type of Headphones To Sell
- Tip 2: Calculate the Budget Accurately
- Tip 3: Research to Understand the Target Audience Well
- Tip 4: Comply with All the Licenses and Registrations
- Tip 5: Select the Right eCommerce Platform for Your Headphones Business
- Tip 6: Dropshipping
- Tip 7: Market Your Products Well
- Key Takeaway
Music is soothing to the ears, and you tend to forget all the pain when you delve deep into its tunes. Some people are fond of natural music like the chirping of birds and rustling leaves, while some people like to listen to music with headphones.
In today’s world, headphones have gained immense popularity, as it enriches the listening experience of its user. As headphones continue to evolve, their demand also keeps on increasing.
If we look at the statistics, the annual sales of headphones in the US are expected to reach around USD 16.84 billion in 2022. Moreover, the headphone industry is projected to grow to USD 18.2 billion in 2023.
If you are thinking of starting a headphone business, your time is NOW!
Are you still hesitant about the idea of starting headphones online store? Read along to get more clarity about the process of selling headphones online.
Tips to Start a Headphones Online Store
Following are the tips that you should keep in mind while starting a headphone eCommerce store:
Tip 1: Select the Right Type of Headphones To Sell
Headphones are available in various categories and styles, namely, in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear. These headphones have further classification based on the purpose it serves.
The first thing that you should keep in mind is selecting the right type of headphones to sell. Budget and target customers are the two factors that will help you decide the type of headphones. Setting up your production unit can be a costly affair. It will be better to sell headphones online that are branded, so you can reap more profits and grow your business effectively.
Some of the trendy options that you should consider to sell on your eCommerce store are:
Wireless headphones are the headphones that connect to different devices, like smartphones, television, gaming consoles, etc. via Bluetooth. They are an excellent choice for all types of people, including professionals. They provide a rich and handy sound experience that ensures that the customers get one of the best music experiences without any external disturbance. Some expensive headphones even have features like water resistance and noise canceling. Hence, it is a popular choice among gamers and young professionals.
Behind the Neck Headphones
Prominently known as neckband headphones, behind-the-neck headphones are also an excellent choice for an online business model. This type of headphones does not have wires dangling around like other variants. They rest on your neck, and you don’t have to keep on untangling them while answering your calls or listening to music. It connects easily via Bluetooth and offers a beautiful music experience to the users.
Clip-on headphones come under the category of in-ear headphones. They are generally small in size, wired, and relatively affordable. The clip-on headphones came into existence when the standard in-ear headphones were unfit for some athletes and fitness enthusiasts as they tend to fall during the extensive exercise routine. Since their launch, clip-on headphones have gained applause from the athletes and gym-goers.
Sports headphones are small and lightweight headphones that are made especially for sportspeople. A majority of these headphones are sweat-resistant and can offer a top-notch sound quality experience without any hassle.
If you want to sell headphones online that are more on the expensive side, you should consider gaming headphones. They are quite famous among online gamers and gaming YouTubers as they are efficient in enhancing the sound quality, blocking external noises, and facilitating effortless communication with the other members of the team.
Classic earbuds are the ones that are preferable for people who want a pair of headphones with no extravagant demands. Although their design is simple than the other variants, they do not go out of style and have a massive sale.
In-ear earbuds are an affordable choice for people who want more than just classic earbuds. It offers high-fidelity audio and comes with replaceable ear tips. The user can carry them wherever they go and enjoy the music without any outside disturbance. You must note one thing about in-ear earbuds, they don’t provide complete noise cancellation as they possess only noise isolation features.
Tip 2: Calculate the Budget Accurately
Along with the selection of headphones you look to sell online, you should also compute the budgeting appropriately. While calculating the budget, you should ensure flexibility to take into account changes in trends as and when the need arises, and ace up your online headphone business.
You should consider the following points as it will help you determine the best budget for your headphones online store:
- You will sell either personalized headphones or conventional standardized headphones from famous brands.
- The cost of delivery may include a tie-up with a delivery partner or a dropshipping solution.
- You should not deal with the extensive headphones initially as they will lead to more investment than sales. You can eventually expand your capital allotment once you have developed a rapport in the industry.
Tip 3: Research to Understand the Target Audience Well
Intensive market research is essential to understand what your target audience demands. You should go through your competitors that sell headphones using eCommerce platform. Ask the following questions while evaluating your competitor’s online store:
- What are the brands they deal with in their headphones eCommerce store?
- What prices do they offer? Do they provide any discounts and deals?
- What are their customer grievances that require special attention?
- What are the marketing strategies adopted by them?
- Do they have niche customers, i.e., athletes, sportspeople, business professionals?
- What are their shipping methods and charges?
- Which products have high sales in less time?
All the above questions will help you understand your target audience accurately, and you will be able to cater to their special needs and preferences.
Tip 4: Comply with All the Licenses and Registrations
It is essential to comply with all the licenses and regulations before you start to sell headphones on an eCommerce store, to avoid any discrepancies in the future. Registering your business with the local authorities is the first step that you should take, followed by obtaining the licenses and permits, like employer identification number, seller’s permit, business tax certificate, and so on. Thus, it is advisable to check with the state government website for any specific permits and licenses.
Tip 5: Select the Right eCommerce Platform for Your Headphones Business
After budgeting and obtaining the licenses and permissions, your next objective should be selecting the right eCommerce platform for your headphones business. If you develop your headphone eCommerce online store from scratch, it may incur heavy expenditure. Furthermore, you even have to stay updated with the trends using top eCommerce platforms like VARStreet.. Hence, you should select a cost-effective eCommerce platform for your online store.
Initially, start selling renowned branded headphones. Some of the brands that are worth an investment are Samsung, Sony, Bose, JBL, Dr. Dre, and Sennheiser. You should also consider selling trendy personalized headphones. Personalized products help you differentiate and stay ahead of your competition, thereby providing your customers a best-in-class shopping experience.
VARStreet is one of the leading cloud-based eCommerce platforms, that helps you to create a robust and appealing website with its online store builder using drag-and-drop functionality. It requires no coding knowledge. It also provides additional features that integrate well with your online store.
Tip 6: Dropshipping
Dropshipping is a cost-effective option to sell headphones online. With dropshipping, you don’t have to store the products or take inventory on lease. You make the sale, but the product is directly shipped by your supplier to the customer. It significantly reduces your cost of storage and packaging and also saves your time and effort.
Tip 7: Market Your Products Well
You need to create different market strategies for different types of audiences. You can market the products showcasing different features like waterproof technology, noise resistance, wireless capabilities, Bluetooth connectivity depending on the audience. For example, you can market niche headphones to musicians and waterproof technology headphones to sportspeople.
Some of the best ways to market the headphones online are:
- Influencer Marketing- If you are selling gaming headphones, influencer marketing is a great option to showcase your products to your targeted audience. However, don’t forget that you are required to compensate them financially regarding their social following.
- Search Engine Optimization- If you are catering to a large audience base with a vast variety of headphones, search engine optimization (SEO) is an effective methodology. It includes keeping your blog or website updated with the search phrases used by the customers. This way, you can direct organic traffic to your website and get quality sales.
- Remarketing- Integrating Facebook Pixel helps you to remarket customers that have abandoned the shopping carts. It will remind your customers about their abandoned carts at all times, and convince them to come back and complete the sale.
Now that you have understood the steps needed to kickstart your headphone business online, it is time to put your business plan into action. With the tips mentioned above, you can ace up the headphone reselling business with ease.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your headphone reselling business now!